8/28/09

Lifting Hiatus

Since school has begun, I've not been able to spend a single second in the gym. The main reason for this is Math Camp. Every night from 4:30 to 6:00 PM, I've been sitting in a room trying to remember matrix algebra and basic calculus. It's not difficult, but if it weren't for this class, I'd be home around 3:00 every day and could be spending that time in the gym. Once it's over, I will continue my plan to reach 235 lbs. body weight by Sept. 9. I'm not so confident about this particular goal right now, but I'll get there sooner or later.

On the schedule for Kansas, the Nov. meet is still tentative for the 21st. If I hit my body weight goal soon, I should be able to start training. If I don't end up going to that meet, I may simply do a strength test at the rec around that day. No individual event or total goals set for that meet yet, but I hope to work on that next month, once I hit my weight goal.

One friend was recently talking about his supplements for the winter. He's more of a body-builder type, but it got me thinking about trying a protein shake. If I go for it, I'll definitely have to watch my weight, but it might pay dividends in the meet.

That's all for now.

Mens sana in corpore sano.

No comments: